GPC continues to grow each year—in fact, the 2019 conference boasted an attendance of nearly 600. The symposium alone drew in 88 attendees, the largest attendance in history.
Broad topics of interest are:
- Glass melting & quality
- Combustion and heat transfer
- Process control, sensors, and Industry 4.0
- Modeling of glass melting and processing
- Raw materials, batching, cullet and recycling
- Forming issues and container customization
- Safety, emissions, environment, and respirable silica
- Carbon reduction, energy management, and electric boosting
- Furnace design and reconstruction
- Furnace life extension and maintenance
- New topics (relevant to glass manufacturing)
Check back soon for the 81st GPC schedule of events.
An overview of the Glass Problems Conference provided by Conference Director Bob Lipetz
Keep up to date on all the details for the 81st Conference on Glass Problems by signing up for updates.
The 81st Conference on Glass Problems is organized by the Glass Manufacturing Industry Council and Alfred University. It is endorsed by The American Ceramic Society. Glass Worldwide is the official journal.