The Glass Manufacturing Industry Council (GMIC) and the Partner Association Alfred University, working in cooperation with the 83rd Conference on Glass Problems (GPC) venues, are following guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and relevant state and local authorities in an effort to provide a safe and healthy environment for GPC attendees during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. However, COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease, and it is not possible to eliminate the risk of spreading or contracting COVID-19. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public gathering such as the Conference, and our efforts to mitigate the risk of exposure to COVID-19 may not be sufficient to prevent spreading or contracting COVID-19.
COVID-19 RELEASE & HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT:
By registering for the 83rd Conference on Glass Problems or any other GPC event or meeting (together with any other activities hosted or sponsored by, or affiliated with, GPC or any partner organization, an “Event”), each registrant is deemed to acknowledge and agree to each of the following terms and conditions:
- I am aware of the highly contagious nature of COVID-19 and the risk that I may be exposed to or contract COVID-19 or other infectious diseases as a result of attending an Event and that all precautions cannot guarantee that I will not contract COVID-19.
- I understand and acknowledge that exposure to or infection of COVID-19 may result in serious illness, personal injury, permanent disability, or death.
- I will comply with all health orders, directives, and guidelines while attending or participating in any Event issued by GPC, a Partner Association, or any venue hosting an Event, including, without limitation, requirements related to hand sanitation, social distancing, and use of face coverings.
- I represent I am not experiencing at the time of the Event, and have not experienced at any time within 14 days before, any symptoms associated with COVD-19 (such as but not limited to cough, shortness of breath, fever, or loss of sense of smell or taste), have a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19, or have come in contact in the last 14 days with a person who has been confirmed or suspected of having COVID-19. I will not attend the Event if the foregoing representation is untrue.
- I acknowledge that risks of exposure to COVID019 may result from or be compounded by my actions, omissions, or negligence and that of others, including GPC, the Partner Associations, the venue hosting an Event, and their respective agents, employees, and contractors.
- I acknowledge that I am attending one or more Events with full knowledge of the risks associated with COVID-19 and the danger of exposure attendance may pose. I hereby accept and assume all risks of personal injury, illness, disability, and death resulting from COVID-19 arising from attending or participating in the Event(s), whether caused by the acts or omissions of GPC, a Partner Association, the venue hosting an event, their respective agents, employees, attendees, or contractors, or otherwise.
- I hereby expressly waive and release any and all claims, losses, suits, actions, and liabilities (“Claims”), now known or hereafter known, of or against GPC, each Partner Organization, and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, members, attendees, and their and each of their successors, and assigns (collectively, “Releasees”), on account of injury, illness, disability, or death, arising out of or attributable to my attendance at or participation in any Event and exposure to or contraction of COVID-19, whether arising out of the negligence of any Releasee, the venue hosting an Event or such venue’s agents or employees, or otherwise. I covenant not to make or bring any such Claim against any Releasee, and forever release and discharge each Releasee from liability under, and will hold the Releasees harmless against, such Claims. I will indemnify any Releasee for any Claim made in violation of the foregoing terms, including without limitation by paying all of the Releasees’ legal fees and expenses incurred or paid in connection with any such Claim
- I understand the full consequences of the terms of this Release and Hold Harmless Agreement and am entering into and delivering this Agreement voluntarily, willingly and freely.