The Glass Manufacturing Industry Council (GMIC) announces student travel grants for the 83rd Conference on Glass Problems (GPC).
Student Travel Grants help support student travel to the 83rd GPC. GMIC will award student travel grants in the amount of $500.00 to offset student travel expenses. All students can attend the 83rd GPC without travel grant support. All students are eligible to receive complimentary registration to the 83rd GPC, Short Course and the GMIC Symposium and reduced-price lodging.
Student travel grants are made possible in part by a generous grant from Air Products, a world leader in industrial gas supply and technology.
Student Travel Grant Application Deadline:
- Student travel grants are available on a first-come – first-serve basis.
- Deadline to apply is September 23, 2022.
Travel Grants Award Date:
- Travel grant awards will be announced October 3, 2022.
- Submit a 1-2 page CV, including your complete contact information.
- Submit a statement describing how the conference will benefit you.
- Email your CV and statement to Donna Banks, [email protected]
- Students must register for the 83rd Conference on Glass Problems via the online registration at glassproblemsconference.org. Separate registration is required for the Short Course and GMIC Symposium.
- Students must attend the Student Ambassador Meeting, 5:00 pm to 5:30 pm on Monday October 31, 2022, at the Greater Columbus Convention Center. Failure to attend the meeting removes eligibility to receive the student travel grant. The student ambassador meeting is designed to introduce students to “ambassadors”, who are professionals from the glass industry, who will help the students make the most of the conference opportunity.