The 81st Conference on Glass Problems invites engineers, educators, students, and solutions providers working with aspects of glass manufacturing to submit an abstract for an oral presentation at this premier industry conference. Broad topics of interest are:
- Glass melting & quality
- Combustion and heat transfer
- Process control, sensors, and Industry 4.0
- Modeling of glass melting and processing
- Raw materials, batching, cullet, and recycling
- Forming issues and container customization
- Safety, emissions, environment, and respirable silica
- Carbon reduction, energy management, and electric boosting
- Furnace design and reconstruction
- Furnace life extension and maintenance
- New topics (relevant to glass manufacturing)
Chosen oral presentation authors are also required to submit a paper for publication in the published proceedings of the conference.
To submit an abstract, complete the online abstract submission form here.
Deadline for submission of abstracts is January 29, 2020, 9 p.m. EST – no exceptions.
The Conference on Glass Problems is the largest glass manufacturing conference in North America, attracting glass manufacturers and suppliers worldwide to exchange innovations and problem solutions. Co-organized by the Glass Manufacturing Industry Council and Alfred University, the conference provides expert lectures, panel discussions, and focused courses and symposia, along with exhibiting and networking opportunities.
Information on Conference on Glass Problems at:
Or contact Donna Banks at [email protected] or (614) 523-3033.
The 81st Conference on Glass Problems is organized by the Glass Manufacturing Industry Council and Alfred University and endorsed by The American Ceramic Society. Glass Worldwide is the official journal.